EZ Green Home is looking to hire an ambitious Home Performance Apprentice to support our Sr. Building Analyst during home performance energy audits. Our ideal candidate is an outgoing, friendly, honest, and pro-active individual looking to kickstart their career. The ultimate goal of this position is to work cohesively as a team and perform the service in accordance to BPI standards, exceed customer expectations, and maximize impact to customer in regard to access to energy efficiency, comfort and safety.
1. Traveling to homes in Maryland, greeting and teaching homeowners about the health of their home.
2. Assisting with home performance energy audits by setting up diagnostic equipment and analyzing all energy-related components in and around the home.
3. Learning the Beacon software to generate report for homeowners.
4. Encourage homeowners to undertake specific Home Performance energy saving measures recommended based on the home energy audit. Explain incentives for energy efficiency improvements that may be available and install all applicable efficiency improvement measures according to homeowners’ wants and needs.
5. Provide accurate and timely reporting of program progress to stakeholders (i.e. homeowner and EZ Green Home)
6. Encourage homeowners to recommend services to friends/family, and to take advantage of a comprehensive Home Performance energy audit/retrofits and solar.
7. Stay current on latest program initiatives, policies, procedures, etc. and develop advanced technical knowledge in energy efficiency and building science.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer service and client relationship management skills
- Proven track-record in sales, upselling and/or referrals
- Enthusiasm for energy conservation, home performance, and making an impact for homeowners.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and program concepts to contractors, consumers, and other interested people or organizations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Computer proficiency, experience with Windows-based office applications required.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Employees are expected to work five days per week. Our office is open from Monday through Saturday from 8am – 5pm and warehouse is open from Monday through Friday from 7am-4pm. Some Saturday work is required.
Submit cover letter and resume to our Operations Manager at email@example.com.